The University of the Philippines Alumni Association (UPAA) Germany e.V. is a non-profit organization in Germany consisting mainly of UP alumni residing in the country.
It aims to:
- promote exchange of knowledge and know-how between the University of the Philippines (UP) and German teaching and research institutions
- support education, cultural exchange, and understanding between Filipinos and Germans and contribute to the improvement of Philippine and German relations (e.g. organizing seminars, cultural presentations, exhibits, social events)
- provide assistance to the University of the Philippines (UP) and promote cooperation and networking among its members and other UP alumni internationally through:
- support of the University of the Philippines in the implementation of its academic function (e.g. supporting scholarships for UP students, assisting visiting students and professors)
- organization of events and projects for the promotion of social and professional link between its members
- promotion of close cooperation with similar organizations locally and internationally
What is an e.V.?
It is short for the German term “eingetragene Verein“, meaning registered association.
UPAA Germany became a bona fide non-profit German organization on September 21, 2011.
It is also a “gemeinnützige” (tax-free non-profit) organization.
Current board members and auditor
BOARD MEMBERS (2019 -2021)
Mrs. Jennifer Lynne Hankammer
Mrs. Lynda Marie Sylvester
Dr. Rowena Garcia
Mrs. Sarahbeth Tupaz
Ms. Alessandra Maria Anna Gloria Reyes